Faceware Live Change-log
Check this page whenever there is a new Live version to view the latest changes and release notes.
Last Update: July 14, 2017
Version 2.5.1 (Build 395) — July 2017
- The Installer has been updated to ensure it is always stored in a Live specific directory structure to prevent incidental file loss when uninstalling.
Version 2.5 (Build 390) — May 2017
- New and Improved Face Tracking Technology
- You’ll now see improved tracking with more stability, better face detection, and less jitter in virtually all scenarios. In addition to better tracking and animation under normal conditions, also enjoy better tracking with heavy facial hair, low and/or poor lighting, different skin tones, glasses, etc. These improvements come from advancements from our parent technology company, Image Metrics and their consumer-grade facial tracking technology, the tech seen in successful apps like L’Oreal’s Make-up Genius and Nissan’s Die Hard Fan.
- New Animation Preview Characters
- You can now select from a variety of Animation Preview characters in Live’s Preferences.
- Animation Tuning
- You can now tune and customize Live’s realtime animation to your face using the new suite of tools in the Animation Tuning window.
- Animation Value Multipliers
- You can now use multipliers in the Animation Tuning window to enhance and exaggerate animation so that animation quality and style can be tuned to a specific user’s face.
- Animation Tuning Profiles
- You can now Save and Load profiles in the Animation Tuning window for different users so that each user can have their own ideal setup.
- Command-line Calibration
- You can now trigger Calibration and toggle Streaming via command-line for improved automation in your setup.
- Simulate Controls For Improved Character Rig Integration
- You can now have individual controls Simulate from 0 to 1 without needing the user to move their face to help with improved character setup and rig tuning.
- Stream UV Landmark Positions
- You can now stream the UV positions of each Landmark on the face alongside the animation data.
- Stream Head Position
- You can now stream your head position along with rotation so you can move your characters head. Additionally, Live now streams a 4×4 Transform Matrix for the head along with the Position and Rotation values.
- Floating Point Precision
- You can now adjust the floating point precision of animation values to keep network packet size low when streaming over a network.
- Toggle Streaming of Individual Face Groups
- You can now toggle whether or not you want to stream individual Face Groups to keep network packet size down when certain Face Groups are not in use.
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- You can now Calibrate, toggle Streaming, and open various windows via keyboard shortcuts.
- The User Interface has been heavily updated for a vastly improved user experience.
- Live now supports a much wider variety of color spaces and cameras.
- Your settings will now persist when you close and reopen the application.
- The camera list will now update in real-time when a camera is plugged in or removed.
- You’ll now be prompted to Calibrate when changing cameras or tracking models.
- The Headcam tracking model should now animate the ‘Eyes Wide’ shapes properly.
- The Headcam tracking model now does a better job at triggering mouth shapes.
- You’ll now be notified if a camera is removed or lost while it’s in use.
- You can now change the shape of Landmark points in Preferences.
- You can now adjust the color of individual Face Group Landmarks and Lines in Preferences.
- Event Log messages have been improved for better user experience.
- The ‘Streaming’ icon will now be disabled if you have not entered a Port.
- You can now properly adjust the scale of the window.
- The Animation Preview characters will now move and rotate their heads.
- Live will no longer prompt you for licensing twice when using a Trial license.
- The installer will now do a better job of installing dependencies.
- Fixed a crash when changing the folder name of an image sequence while tracking.
- Fixed a crash when using non-standard image sequences.
- Fixed an issue when scrolling with the mouse wheel in the settings window.
- Fixed an issue where the Settings window would not appear correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Animation Preview character would disappear if moved to another display.
- Fixed an issue where the application icon was incorrect in some places.
- Fixed an issue where the Event Log could not be saved in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where Grab Current Image could sometimes not save the image.
- Fixed an issue where Load Image could sometimes not load an image.
- The side profile tracker has been removed so turning your head completely sideways will result in tracking stopping.
- Animation values will be slightly different than they were in previous versions. It’s expected that you’ll want to use the new Animation Tuning window to adjust animation values to your desired quality.
- Calibration Sync needs to be allowed through Windows Firewall to work correctly.
- Settings in the ‘Camera Controls’ and ‘Camera Properties’ windows do not persist; these are handled by Windows and are outside of the control of Live in this version.