Facial Motion Capture – Exclusive to Everyone
GoPro Kit at a Glance
The GoPro® Headcam System includes everything you need for facial motion capture, combining our expertise with the proven GoPro® cameras.
Use the free GoPro® app to stream video directly to any compatible iOS or Android device and control your headcam remotely.
Buy for $2,495 USD
We sell our GoPro® Headcam System world-wide. Want to get an official quote for buying a GoPro® Headcam System? Simply click the button below.
The Perfect Entry Level Headcam System
Professional Facial Motion Capture, on Any Budget.
Our GoPro Headcam kit gives you a professional look, fit, and feel, at a price that makes it easy to get started in facial motion capture. Capable of recording in full-HD and up to 120 fps, the GoPro Hero 4 Silver is robust and adaptable for tracking at the resolution and speed your project demands.
Building your own headcam is time consuming, frustrating, and can come out looking like a science experiment gone wrong. Our hardware experts have taken their years of expertise to design a GoPro Headcam that works intuitively with Faceware’s acclaimed software suite.
Every GoPro Headcam System includes an HDMI to USB 3.0 video converter, allowing immediate video feed into both our Live 2.0 software or our new Analyzer 3.0 software. Get ready to control characters in realtime or start tracking right away—all at the comfort of your desk. No memory cards needed.
GoPro + Faceware
Excellence and Expertise
Combining the proven GoPro cameras with Faceware’s head-mounted performance capture means quality you can trust.
Our unique drop-design bars clear the line of sight while enhancing stability, allowing uninterrupted performances without constant readjustment.
The GoPro headcam easily integrates with nearly any motion capture system including Vicon, Optitrack, XSens, Perception Neuron, Organic Motion, and Motion Analysis.
Fit Anyone In Minutes
Lightweight, Breathable, and Comfortable for Extended Use.
The helmet is designed and manufactured with over 25 years of experience. Boasting an intuitive ‘one-size-fits-all’ build, the GoPro Headcam easily adjusts to heads of all shapes and sizes.
For increased comfort and support, three different thicknesses of interior helmet padding are included.
Quickly mount the GoPro from the left or right side of the helmet, or secure it to both sides for maximum stability during high action shots.
Control your Headcam Remotely
Download The Free GoPro App
The GoPro App for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone makes it easy to start and end recordings and conveniently manage all GoPro settings. See what your camera sees in real-time for easy shot-framing. You can also view recorded videos directly through your phone.
Stream Video Directly into Faceware Software
Animate Instantly or Record for Later Use
The GoPro Headcam is a complete system that includes a HDMI to USB 3.0 video converter, enabling instant animation with Faceware Live 2.0, or performance recording directly to Analyzer 3.0 with the new Capture feature.
GoPro Headcam System – Technical Specification
See below for detailed technical technical specs on our GoPro Headcam System.
- Injection Molded Polymer
- One size fits all
- 3 adjustment knobs for lateral, width, and length refinements
- Lightweight and breathable (22 oz or 620 grams)
- ½ in steel ball joint with anodized aluminum blocks for quick and secure camera mounting
- Interchangeable, machine washable helmet padding in ⅛” in, ¼”, and ½” (0.31, 0.63, 1.27cm) thicknesses
- Greatest utility, easily fit to any actor
- GoPro® Hero4: Silver Edition
- Shoot in 1080p mode at 24, 25, 30, 45, 50, or 60 fps
- Shoot in 720p mode at 50, 60, 100, or 120 fps
- Remote control with wi-fi remote or GoPro App
- Reverse Touchscreen
- 2-3 hour battery life
- Records H.264 .mp4 files to microSD cards
- Records reference audio
- ¼” (0.64 cm) anodized 6061 aluminum tubing
- 3 bars included
- 1 drop design left-sided bar at 8 in (20.32 cm) from the face
- 1 drop design right-sided bar at 8 in (20.32 cm) from the face
- 1 hoop at 8 in (20.32 cm) from the face
- Two piece light weight, high strength, nylon camera mount designed for Hero4
- Camera Mount with GoPro Hero4 weighs 3.5 oz or 100 grams
- Compatible with all Faceware camera bars
- Quick slide cage easily opens for battery changes
- Extra battery
- 32 gig microSD memory card
- AC/DC battery charger
- Hex ball driver
- Rugged travel case, custom foam inserts
HDMI to USB 3.0 adapter:
- HDMI v1.4a – supports up to 1920×1080 60p
- Driverless hardware, truly plug and play for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Internal up, down, and cross converter
- Realtime hardware for frame rate conversion and de-interlacing
- USB 3.0, 300-350MB/s throughput
- Includes USB 3.0 connection cable