Who we are…
Faceware Technologies develops innovative facial motion capture products for the professional animation industry. Faceware’s hardware and software represent complete facial animation solutions for the interactive entertainment, film, video game, television, and commercial markets for clients such as Double Negative, ILM, Digital Domain, Blur Studios, Activision-Blizzard, Rockstar Games, Microsoft, 2K Sports, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Sega, Sony, Bethesda, and Moving Picture Company.
Our products are built using a combination of cutting-edge, computer-vision technology and an intuitive artist-friendly workflow. By embracing artists with easy-to-use products, we have become the gold-standard for facial motion capture and professional animation tools.
Who we’re looking for…
We’re looking for an experienced QA Analyst who will be responsible for QA tasks throughout the full lifecycle of different projects, from writing test documentation to test development, test execution, communication of issues and deadline adherence. You’ll be working on a small team in a startup environment and you’ll work on multiple projects regularly to help support a variety of products that are used by animation studios all over the world.
What you’ll do…
- Represent and advocate for high quality in all aspects of project work
- Review functional, technical specifications, and wireframes to develop test plans
- Implement useful processes that aid the team as a whole, where needed
- Develop and execute functional, system, and acceptance tests
- Test planning for new feature development
- Follow through on every issue to ensure its completion
- Develop and execute test cases
- Work closely with cross-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop project schedules, execute test plans and cases and deliver high quality products
- Manual and Automated test execution, strong attention to detail during all test execution, verification of functionality, usability, and all other coverage areas
- Validating that project adheres to technical specifications and well accepted standards
- Participating in reviews at all phases of the software development cycle
- Contributing to overall Quality Assurance best practices, strategy and methodology
- Ensuring that software conforms to style guides and standards (directory structures, file naming conventions, etc.)
- Provide accurate QA estimates for assigned work
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our proprietary technologies
What you need…
- 3+ years’ experience in QA and testing within a software development environment
- Experience writing test plans, objective definitions, QA findings and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Capable of adapting to a rapidly evolving environment
- Proven track record of delivering high quality products
- Experience with QA methodologies, tools and approaches (black box, white box and automated testing experience)
- Experience working with relational databases (basic working knowledge of SQL)
- Familiar with command line or PowerShell scripting
- Strong documentation and test plan writing
- Ability to work well in a team development environment
What makes you an awesome candidate…
- Experience with Atlassian Software (JIRA/Confluence/Agile)
- Experience with 3D Applications (e.g. Autodesk Maya, MotionBuilder)
- Experience with Game Engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine)
Where you’ll work…
You’ll work out of our office in El Segundo, CA.
To apply, please email ‘email@example.com‘.